English Teacher Party: A Look into the Real Life of an English Teacher

Just another WordPress.com weblog

Our Cruise March 30, 2008

Filed under: thoughts — hey2blondie @ 6:41 pm

As you know, my husband and I went on a cruise for Spring Break. I have been lazy and I think I am out of my non writing funk. So if you were wondering if I was going to share or not, need not worry or wonder any more!

My mother-in-law, sister-in-law, and husband embarked on our cruise March 17 from Miami. Before embarking, we had to actually get to the airport, which was quiet funny. My sister-in-law Christy’s husband drove us in her black Prius. We’ll our luggage didn’t fit, so Tony had to hold his 50 pound suit case on his lap. Luckily, it was only a short trip to the airport. The flight was smooth and we got to Miami right on time. Carnival had signs up waiting for us to go with them. We loaded onto a bus, which drove us to the port. Once at the port, we went through security again, checked in, and received our sail and sign cards. These cards have your credit card information and room key on it. You didn’t need cash on the ship, just the card. What a convenience! If you ordered a drink, they automatically added 15% gratuity! It was nice not to have to carry any money.

We arrived to our stateroom M44. It was a nice sized room with a bathroom and a window. We immediately went to look around the ship because our luggage wasn’t at our door yet. The ship’s decor was somewhat elaborate. Metallic purple and copper colors decorated the walls and carpet. There were many levels to the Fascination ship. We had to find a map to figure out where we were going. After perusing the ship, an announcement came on the intercom declaring we must gather our life jackets and meet at our muster station. Here is where we learned the safety procedures. They packet us in the Palace theater like sardines. Once finished with the procedures, we went back to our stateroom to unload our suitcases and make our room cozy.

Our nightly dinner was scheduled for 8:15 in the Imagination Dining room. Each night we ate with the same family and had the same wait staff. Dinner was great each night! The presentation of food was so neat and the portions were the perfect size for each meal. Tuesday night was when we met the Captain and his crew. They had a cocktail party for us with appetizersand drinks. Quite nice. Dinner was afterwards. We had lobster tail and shrimp along with appetizers and dessert. I really enjoyed the dinners in the Imagination Dining Room.

Tuesday we visited Key West, FL. There we went on a tour of the town on a trolley. This was great because we got to see all 5 miles of the island. What a beautiful place! We’ll have to go again. After our trolley ride, we went on a Pub Crawl. Our guide’s name was Brian. He took us to 5 bars in Key West out of 30! The first stop was called the Tree Bar. There we got a really good specialty drink, but I can’t remember what it was called. Brian was fun and very informative about the bars. We continued on the crawl and stopped each time for 20 minutes and had their specialty drinks. Another bar we went to was called Red Fish Blue Fish. Their specialty was of course the blue fish. It was neat going on the crawl!

Wednesday we ported in Cozumel, Mexico around one o’clock. Getting off the ship wasn’t as easy as it was in Key West. We had to tender to land. Tendering is where you load about 350 people onto a smaller boat that sails over to the dock. Then you unload there. The ship doesn’t actually port at a dock. This was somewhat time consuming because we had to wait for so long. Once we got to the dock, we had to find our excursion tour. However, we couldn’t find our sign and got somewhat panicky. After 5 minutes of wandering, we found the sign. It was right when we got off the boat. The guide took us to a bus that took us to the Playa Mia Beach place, which was about 30 minutes away. Cozumel’s beach was rocky and shelly. It wasn’t pleasant to walk on, but the beach area was nice. We had an open bar and buffet to use to our liking. There was also a pool that is where I stayed most of the time unless laying out at the beach. We spent a good 4 hours there.

Thursday was a day at sea. This was nice because I got to relax and lay out on the deck. There was a pool a few yards away and the waiters came around every 5 minutes if you wanted a drink. I did get sunburned. The sun was intense because of the water reflecting off the sun.

My most favorite part of the cruise was the show on Tuesday night. It was an 80’s show. There were dancers and singers that sang all of my favorite 80’s songs. I sang along and enjoyed every moment of it! The entertainment was great, but by-far Tuesday’s night was my all time fave!

All in all, I had a blast and can’t wait to go on another cruise! Going home was a bummer because we waited in lines to get off the ship, waited for hours at the airport, and had to drive home. But that is minuet to how much fun I had!



2 Responses to “Our Cruise”

  1. Silverado Says:

    Good Blog. I will continue reading it in the future. Nice layout too.

  2. mollycoffman Says:

    Wow, Andi. Sounds like y’all had a great time. I would have loved the 80s show. Makes me think of the great time we had at Don’t Tell Mama! George! Ahh . . . good times. I’d love to go on a cruise some day.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s